A graphically interactive design software for reducer roll tools
The use of VeraCAD in the forging industry significantly reduces design time for reducer roll tools and hence time to market. Based on the option to select automatic design on one hand and on other hand to provide input parameters interactively, the number of necessary rolling passes will be reduced and hence the tool-costs minimized.
A precise volume calculation, the implementation of elementary design rules and consideration of the technology and procedure limits, will guarantee a coordinated and harmonized calibration sequence. This will avoid rolling defects at the final products and provides higher process stability.
The basic system includes these modules:
- Manual input, design and modification of the stretch roll finished product.
- Automatic calculation of the calibre plan with the number of stitches, stage sequences, geometry of the rolling intermediates.
- Graphical and tabular edition of the calibre plan and rolled products.
- Generation of 3D geometry for the tool engraving.
- Output of rolled products and stretch roll segments with common CAD interface formats (IGES, VDAFS, EDX).
- Stencil construction for the creation of technical drawings of rolling engravings. For each roll pass a drawing sheet is generated with a longitudinal section and cross sections including the dimension. The output is possible on plotters in various formats (up to A0) or for further processing via an IGES interface. The stencil construction is used for the manual production of the rolling segments or in conjunction with CAD / CNC milling for quality control.
- Project management.
Module mass distribution
VeraCAD includes the functions for creating and editing mass distributions:
- Importing complex CAD geometries such as connecting rods, crankshafts, etc. via various interface formats (IGES, VDAFS, STL, EDX).
- Create mass distribution diagrams from external programs.
- Graphically interactive manipulation of mass distribution (e.g.Spine proportion)
- Automatic generation of the geometry for the finished product due to the mass distribution.
- With the menu "2d-drawing" the technical drawings of the rolling segment engraving are created and printed out on sheet formats up to DIN A0 or export via an IGES interface.
Please contact one of our partners for your area. We will send you an individial offer.
Saving material with VeraCAD
Upper item without VeraCAD
Lower item with VeraCAD
Approximately 30 % material saving